If you are already working as a Plumber but have never achieved a Plumbing NVQ then Able Skills has Assessors in place who can visit you at your place of work to establish your competence, give guidance on portfolio completion and help you on your way to achieving a Plumbing NVQ. Regardless of whether you have underpinning Plumbing qualifications or not, it is feasible for you to achieve NVQ which is a requirement for many work sites in the UK.
What You’ll Learn
This isn’t a training course; it is an assessment process which takes place wherever you are undertaking plumbing work. This process is undertaken in order for you to be assessed on your competence so that you can achieve an NVQ.
How You’ll Learn
Experienced Plumbers – No Qualifications:
Able Skills has developed a process to assist experienced workers currently working in the plumbing industry to achieve C&G 6035 and 6189 (NVQ). If you have worked as a Plumber for many years but have never achieved any qualifications, this route to achieve NVQ doesn’t require you to attend College or a Training Provider for months on end.
These qualifications are unit structured with:
- Practical Units: These are achieved by a mix of knowledge and practical activities in simulated conditions within the centre.
- Knowledge Units: These units are assessed by multi-choice tests / assignments – undertaken in the training centre.
- Performance Units: These units are achieved by producing evidence from the candidates work activities / workplace.
This Experienced Worker route will require you to:
- Undertake study at home to prepare you for the online exams in centre
- Undertake practical assessments in centre
- To have work-based assessments completed
Experienced Plumbers – With Qualifications:
The existing Plumbing qualifications that you hold will likely map over to the NVQ and you will just need to be assessed in the work-place.
For level 2, the work based Plumbing assessments will be to establish your competence in being able to:
- Maintain the Safe Working Environment when Undertaking Work Activities.
- Maintain Effective Plumbing Working Relationships.
- Contribute to the Improvement of the Plumbing Work Environment.
- Install Non-complex Plumbing Systems and Components.
- Decommission Non-complex Plumbing Systems.
- Maintain Non-complex Plumbing Systems and Components.
Courses Open To You After
You may consider a career within the gas industry or even an upgrade to level 3 Plumbing. In addition, you could consider Water Regulations, Energy Efficiency (Part L) or Vented & Unvented Hot Water Systems (G3). Training is available at Able Skills for any of the above listed courses.
Courses Open To You After
YYou may consider a career within the gas industry or even an upgrade to level 3 Plumbing. In addition, you could consider Water Regulations, Energy Efficiency (Part L) or Vented & Unvented Hot Water Systems (G3). Training is available at Able Skills for any of the above listed courses.
Experienced but non-qualified Plumbers will be provided with a Home Study pack which covers the individual theory units which are then assessed in centre by way of online multiple choice exams. Once the C&G 6035 Level 2 Plumbing qualification has been achieved, candidates will be handed over to our NVQ Assessor to then arrange the work based assessments.
Duration & Cost